Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Streets of Paris

I confess. I am addicted to Google Earth. And even more to the aerial view section of the Pages Jaunes www.pagesjaunes.fr .

Here's what I do: to see a location in satellite image, I simply click on pages jaunes (or its cousin on the next tab, the pages blanches), plug in the Paris address I want to see and, then "vue aerienne". Voila! If I zoom in well, I can practically see what kind of cars are parked in the neighborhood. Great for rainy days when I can't get out for a good long walk. And for getting a sense of where I'm going for a dinner party. (I am very very directionally challenged.)

Then to get a street level image, chances are I can find a 360-degree panoramic view, at least of the quartier, here http://www.insecula.com/zone/Z0007363.html.

For the incurably curious among us, or who haven't got a plane ticket here yet, this is Paris-peeping at its best.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.