Sunday, March 11, 2007

Saturday in the Park with...Tout Paris



I am accustomed to visiting the Jardin du Luxembourg in the grey morning mists. On a good day I'm there early, even before they open the gates and let the few dozen joggers (or walkers, like me) into the the gardens. It's an enchanting, meditative place on weekday mornings.

Imagine my surprise when I headed there Saturday afternoon for a leisurely stroll. I felt as though I were trespassing inside a "Where's Waldo?" book.

My initial reaction: if there are so many people here today, who on earth were in all those cars jamming the roads for the ritual Friday afternoon exodus from the city? I can't do the math on that enigma.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.