Wednesday, March 12, 2008

News From France

I have long been a subscriber to and admirer of News From France, published by the press office of the French Embassy in Washington DC. So imagine how thrilled I was to discover that they had featured the humble "Polly-Vous Francais?" in their latest issue!

For a lifelong francophile like me, there is no better yardstick of acceptance. I confess that I tried to be very sophisticated and nonchalant about it but in fact was dancing a little jig around the apartment when I saw this clip.

If you're interested and haven't done so already, you can subscribe to News From France for free on their website. Needless to say, they aren't paying me to say this; I'm just so flattered they wrote about me!

10 comments:

The Duchess said...

Well done! I'll have to check out their website....

francophilia.com said...

Félicitations ! I don't blame you for doing a jig!

Panic in New York said...

Congratulations!

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

You're an international super star! Bravo!

aurora said...

hello Polly, am a regular reader but never commented. Congratulations! it's always a humorous and informative read.

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Thank you all for your words of congratulations.

Meanwhile, I've been busy-busy participating in a documentary film (which I will be able to divulge more about at a later date) which takes place on both sides of the Atlantic. More fun and excitement.

To me, it just means more reasons to say "Vive la France et les Etats-Unis"; and soon I'll be back to regular Polly-Vous Francais updates.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Polly-vous francais...just called in from http://chezlouloufrance.blogspot.com/.
How amazing is that, and doing a documentary. Sounds Great.

Bobby said...

Hi, nice blog ! Je n'ai encore tout lu mais le contenu est interessant, bravo !

blueVicar said...

Congratulations, Polly! You'd certainly be on my list of French news blogs.

Can't wait to hear more about the documentary...

Meilleurs voeux!!

Polly-Vous Francais said...

All I can say about the documentary for now is that I've learned lots of filming lingo: "Action!" etc.; how to be properly miked and lit; and that tripods are called "sticks." And film crews on location are hard-working, dedicated, creative folks.

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.