Alors, it's almost August 1, and you know what that means. Time for a petit break in the action. Not that I'm departing to loll around the Riviera reading Gala and Paris Match. Vacation is a relative term.
I'll be back in the saddle posting again in a week or so. But so that no one goes into Polly-Vous Francais withdrawal (how I delude myself!) here are a few oldies from the past year that you might enjoy re-reading. Or not.
1. Why did the chicken cross the road?
2. Have you ever eaten anything so disgusting-looking but delicious?
4. Because it really did change my life.
5. Getting my teeth cleaned in Paris. No sedation necessary!
6. The shrieks from my apartment were innocent... really.
7. Classic French footwear: espadrilles!
8. French fashion advice from men.
9. An incredible place to stay on the Loire Valley... and the most incredible coincidence of my life, so far.
10. Fun times at the Marche aux Puces. My stats tell me that there's a, um, um, community out there that really digs these gals. Who knew?
11. We're still working on the book. Sorta.
12. I am kind about all other varieties of birds. Not pigeons.
14. Do you remember Fractured French?
15. Will anyone ever stop speculating about bidets?
16. I'm still hoping for French movies subtitled in English in Paris.
17. As you read this blog you're reading the results of what I did with my French major.
18. And despite the French major and an M.A., I still goof up, royally.
19. I think that's enough, don't you? If you haven't yet, you can read the "best of" from 2006-2007.
20. Or simply look at views of Paris.