Saturday, April 05, 2008

Titi et Grosminet

A post by Why Travel to France reminded me about my love of Tweetie Bird and Sylvester. I was a Saturday morning cartoon addict for the first few decades of my life. And then I discovered that Titi and Grosminet were popular in France, too. Carole, a long-ago French co-worker, used to do a perfect Titi imitation from her cubicle, just to make me laugh.

"I tawt I saw a puddy-tat" in French, is "Je crois que j'ai vu un gros minet," complete with lisp.

It still makes me laugh. And I'm how old?

And here's another Samedi morning cartoon to watch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,
I love Wile E. Coyote. Everyone always says he's such a loser. But I think he never gives up. I love that about him! I think cartoons take us back to when we were children. I had great parents, especially my dad. I was lucky. My parents are both gone now, but I have great memories from my childhood. Merci (Thanks for the happy thought today).

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Until Paris,

I liked Wile E Coyote, too. such Chutzpah and determination. All the Looney Tunes characters were favorites, except I could never cozy up to Taz. I'm glad to have rekindled fond memories!

Panic in New York said...

It was funny that you only saw Tweety's owner's lower legs and shoes, it sort of relates to your "If the shoe fits" post.

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.