Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Construction Workers

Since I've been back in the US, I feel as though my cross-cultural radar is hyper-sensitized. This Arby's commercial blew me away. Talk about ads you would never see in France!



The beefy construction workers. Men preferring a sandwich to a beautiful woman. The hubba-hubba ogling. What planet were they from?

When I first moved to Paris, an American friend asked if French men really were "wolves" and how they flirt or connect with women on the street. "Do construction workers whistle at women walking down the street?" he asked.

I laughed out loud.

So far, the only Frenchman's comment to me remotely resembling "ogling" was from an unseen male as I whizzed down avenue Bosquet on my bike.
The wind was flapping my skirt, and a solo voice called out from the sidewalk, "jolies cuisses!" (Nice thighs!)

Heck, I was flattered by the admiration; but I was cruising too fast to turn around and smile in appreciation.

All I can say is, don't ever pass me over for a sandwich, please.

But I don't think I'll have to worry about that once I'm back in Paris.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.