Sunday, February 10, 2008

Replacement windows

The phone rings. Caller ID says it's an Appel Secret. It's not so much a secret call, which sounds vaguely intriguing and mysterious, but, alas, merely an unidentified caller.

When will I learn? Invariably, I answer.
A females voice intones from her script, "Bonjour Madame, we have selected you from among the homeowners in the area to get a free presentation about double vitrage replacement windows blahblahblah....."

I've got the drill down now, and nip the conversation in the bud.

"Je suis locataire, pas propriétaire." [I'm a tenant, not an owner.]

"Oh excusez moi, je suis désolee de vous déranger, madame."

At this juncture, I don't even extend the niceties anymore, but simply hang up abruptly, annoyed. I feel slightly ashamed at my behavior; but then I think, why should I?

Telemarketers never call for any other type of sales. Just replacement windows. About three times a week.

I've got to get myself on that liste rouge to keep them at bay. But you'd think they would have figured it out by now and crossed me off their lists.
And somehow, I never imagined NewPro had a branch in France.

3 comments:

lady jicky said...

I am fed up with them here too.
Not window replacements but changing over to their banks, gas co, electric co, telephone co and on and on!
I just hang up! I am gone beyond ashamed! LOL

Polly - thankyou about the travel/clothing tip. Will "do" layers - oh the packing! LOL

California Woman said...

I have taken to politely interruping them as soon as they introduce themselves, saying "oh, please, don't go on. I'm not interested, thank you", and hang up before they even reply. That way I don't feel that slightly guilty feeling of taking out my impatience on some poor sap who only job option is this terrible one....

Polly-Vous Francais said...

The funny thing is that it's just replacement windows. As far as I know, there are no other telemarketers in Paris. (Or if there are they haven't found me yet.) I never hear the company name, but how many can there be? The same company calling me over and over is what gets me annoyed. I used to be SO polite with them. Then I asked them to take me off their list.

Still, they call.

And you're right, California Woman, that it's just some at-home person trying to earn a euro. I don't tell them off or anything, or slam down the phone. I just press then "end call" button, and then kvetch about it on my blog!

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.