Sunday, February 24, 2008

Paris Sunday

Sunday. High Noon at the Jardin des Plantes. Lots families on peaceful Sunday strolls, a scattering of spandex-clad runners. Everyone soaking up the sun. Couples reclining on south-facing benches.

But this allée was quiet.





Bright lacy shadows.





I can't decide which I'm more enamored of -- the yellow folly or the almost-blooming buds.





Heading home on the boulevard St. Germain, I spy another harbinger of spring outside Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet.

Vive le dimanche!

5 comments:

The Nag said...

Thanks for brightening up my day. I'm so sick of this harsh Canadian winter I could scream.

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Hang in there, Nag! Spring won't be far away in North America; the crocuses are sprouting slowly under all the snow and "wintry mix," and it'll all melt before you know it.

I'm glad that a view of bit of early Paris spring helped.

Unknown said...

Thank you. Just thank you. These are lovely!

blueVicar said...

OH MY GOSH....blossoms! What a treat! I can see "April in Paris" just around the corner...if only I COULD see April in Paris, for real...

Still...thanks for the buds. They life my heart...

Meilleurs voeux!!

Polly-Vous Francais said...

I love the period just before spring really blossoms, when the world is full of possibilities.

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.