Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Je ferai de mon mieux"

Tomorrow's L'Express will feature the first official press interview with Madame Carla Bruni-Sarkozy since she has become First Lady of France.

The title of the interview is "Je ferai de mon mieux " ("I'll do my best").


L'Express anticipates this to be a sell-out issue, and has printed several thousand extra copies.


Wednesday is newsstand day in France. Tomorrow, I'll be no exception to the rule, lining up with the rest of the gang to buy this week's Pariscope, Canard Enchainé and... L'Express.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Don't forget to tell us what it says - I don't want to get my hands dirty :-)

lady jicky said...

I want to know too!

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Lesley and LJ,

It turns out the Express print article is all contained in the online version as well. I'll try to distill some in English (or find some other online source who has!) I'll do my best.. :) Check it out even if just for the photos.

I wish I looked that good when I was 40!

Betty Carlson said...

Don't you think "Je ferai de mon mieux" has a more negative implication in French than in English -- like many other expressions, for that matter?

Polly-Vous Francais said...

Hi Betty,
I don't think it necessarily has a negative connotation, but maybe a French person might know better than I. Also, I think Carla's maternal language is Italian, though she's obviously fluent in French and English.

Anyway, I'm leaving it up to the dailies to pick apart the interview.

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.