Friday, May 11, 2007

A Blog is Born

When I moved to Paris, I thought I would immerse myself totally in French life with my French friends. While this has been important, what has been equally important is getting to know other Americans who are flourishing here. Or languishing here. Some have been here for decades, some for a year or two. So I've been making the rounds of my American friends and acquaintances, and their friends and acquaintances: famous, not-yet-famous, unknown, anonymous or just plain fun. The project? I have started a new blog-to-book project devoted to showcasing their fascinating lives here in the City of Light, called Real Americans in Paris.

Criteria for being "Real Americans in Paris" are somewhat arbitrary: no French mother or father, and not having spent one's childhood or part thereof in Paris. Each interviewee will get a Proust-type questionnaire in advance, and we'll meet for an interview, in the interviewee's favorite Paris location for photo-op. With a few exceptions, in general it won't include many wonderful folks who have already written about their Parisian lives.

Literary agents are twitching in anticipation.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory blog search directory Targeted Website Traffic - Webmasters helping webmasters develop high value relevant links. Promoting ethical web-marketing using the time trusted pillars of relevance and popularity.